The aim at ZERO initiative is supported by a robust library of clinical studies, data and reports.
- Reducing Healthcare Associated Infections in Hospitals in England; Report by the Comptroller and Auditor General ; HC 560 Session 2008-2009, ISBN 978 0 10 295504 0, Publication date: 12 June 2009.
- Boin J et al; 2012; BMJ Qual Saf doi:10.1136/bmjqs-2012-001325; Matching Michigan’: a 2-year stepped interventional programme to minimise central venous catheter-blood stream infections in intensive care units in England;
- http://www.abhi.org.uk/multimedia/docs/case-studies/ABHI%20Case%20Study%20template.pdf- accessed on 20/02/2014
- http://www.supplychain.nhs.uk/product-news/contract-launch-briefs/2013/august/custom-procedure-packs/ – accessed on 20/03/2014
- Barking Havering and Redbridge – quote by senior infection control nurse
- Leitch A et al; 2006; Journal of Hospital Infection; 63, 428-431: Reducing the potential for phlebotomy tourniquets to act as a reservoir for Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus.
- Bukhari S et al: 44th Annual ICAAC, Washington DC page 356, K-1320, Are Silver Impregnated Central Venous Catheters Superior to Non-Impregnated Catheters?
- Lorente L et al; CID 2008:47; The Use of Rifampicin- Miconazole-Impregnated catheters reduces the Incidence of Femoral and Jugular Catheter Related Bacteremia.
- http://www.patientsafetyfirst.nhs.uk/ashx/Asset.ashx?path=/Intervention-support/Reducing-harm-in-critical-care-Prevent-central-line-infections.pdf accessed on 17/04/2014
- William R. Jarvis, MD, ‘Choosing the Best Design for Intravenous Needleless Connectors to Prevent Bloodstream Infections’. Infection Control Today, July 28th, 2010.
- Mary Jo Moore RN MA, Providence Health and Services Poster. Impact of Port Protectors on Incidence of Central Line Infections.
- Michael A. Sweet,.Pharm.D., BCPS. SHEA Annual Scientific. Meeting Poster. Presentation 2011 http://www.iveramed.com/shea–2011–west–virginia–university–health–system .
- http://www.hscic.gov.uk/hospital-care – accessed on 17/04/2014
- http://www.nhs.uk/news/2012/05may/Pages/mrsa-hospital-acquired-infection-rates.aspx accessed on 17/04/2014
- http://www.ific.narod.ru/Manual/cost.htm#fig131 accessed on 17/04/2014
- http://antibiotic-action.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/NAO-Management-and-control-of-HCAI-in-acute-NHS-Trusts.pdf accessed on 17/04/2014