aim at ZERO Occlusions
with Bionector TKO ®
Combining the market-leading needle-free device with a valve that stops catheter tip reflux.
aim at ZERO: Occlusions
Making catheter occlusions a thing of the past.
Occlusions can be commonplace in patients with vascular access lines. This is accepted as normal, with occlusions and their consequences being dealt with as a matter of routine.
The most common are:
- Thrombotic occlusions when blood or clotting agents accumulate inside the catheter
- Persistent withdrawal occlusions when fibrin is aspirated into the catheter.
reduction in occlusions*
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust looked at the impact of using Bionector TKO, versus standard Bionector, on occlusions and line removal rates of midline catheters. The study demonstrated that catheter occlusions were reduced by 89.8% and catheter removals were reduced by 83.3%.
Four Steps to Reducing Occlusions
The aim at ZERO occlusions initiative has been designed to help in the reduction of thrombotic occlusions by preventing blood reflux from:
- Syringe and giving set disconnection
- Syringe plunger rebound
- IV bag running dry
- Venous pressure changes.
Bionector TKO has proven to reduce:
- Catheter occlusions by 88% (50.4 to 5.8 per 1,000 catheter days)*
- Loss of IV catheter by 91% (9% to 0.8%)*
- Tissue plasminogen activator (tPA) usage by 85%.
Bionector TKO can be used alongside Vygon’s range of PICCs, Midlines and other complimentary products for a complete solution to all vascular needs.
See all complimentary products
- Tunnel Lines
- Central Lines
- Multi Lumen
- Paediatric and Neonatal Lines.
*County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Bionector TKO Study – information available on request